OUT OF ZONE ENROLMENTS
Each year the Board will determine the number of places, if any, which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. If there are places, the Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority: This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.
- Second priority: Will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third priority: Will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth priority: Will be given to applicants who are children of former students.
- Fifth priority: Will be given to applicants who are either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority: Will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989.
Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
If you are living out-of-zone but would like to be informed of upcoming places on offer, please email [email protected]